Clara Ford Foundation

Dedicated to the preservation of antique African American quilts and the art of quilting. Established 2005.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Antigua Sunrise Offered For Sale

#66/100
2007


Antigua Sunrise is a small quilt that commemorates my visit to the island of Antigua during my annual spring break trip with my daughter India. During my search for different and unusual fabric, I discovered the official fabric of the island. It is a bright orange, red and green plaid. I used this fabric on the back of the quilt, and that's how the quilt got its name.

Antigua Sunrise measure 31x 22 inches. Black sashing and binding accent the African prints. It is embellished with charms, beads and inspirational words. A hanging sleeve is attached for easy display.

Antigua Sunrise is signed and dated and currently for sale in the Clara Ford Foundation EBay Store.
Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">